Monday, September 17, 2018

Week 4: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding (Part 2)

I do a lot of online shopping and one of my favorite shoe brands is Puma. At www.puma.com I see another example of less is more, as with Apple and Toyota. The website is well contrasted in colors that are simple but effective. The logo appears in the right spot and on every page allowing for maximum brand exposure and allowing for ease of navigation.

The header stays fixed at the top of each different page so that the viewer always knows how to return to the home page. I come back for the product because I like it bt I am comfortable with the online shopping process because it is simple and visually appealing. When I am looking for a certain style or line, on the website, it is easy to find exactly where it is.

Another site that I use fairly often is www.amazon.com . Despite the fact that they sell and advertise a vast amount of products, I feel that they make them easy to find. They provide great tools to navigate the website, with specificity. This is another example of simple design and, in this case, the emphasis is on the display of products.

The various search options makes it convenient. Even with all the product picture displays on the front page, they still categorize items for simplicity. They tend to place things of relevance, at the moment, higher on the hierarchy scale and those are the first things you see when visiting the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment